Don’t have a College Degree? No problem! Earn while you Learn…
You don’t even need to be a native speaker. Get your Free Teaching-Guide.
- As long as you can speak some English and have fairly good pronunciation; you can teach others by using our ‘easy to use’ full course of lessons. You read the text aloud and repeat it. The student listens and repeats it.
- Anyone who can speak English and has reached Intermediate level, can improve greatly by teaching these lessons to others.
- The lessons are written mostly in question and answer format and give all the main points of grammar needed to reach Upper-Intermediate level, plus they cover the 500 words spoken most often in the English language.
- NOTE: You may not change, copy, sell, post online nor put your name to any of this copyright material. All the lessons shall remain the property of Kaycontinental.
Teach with TEFL…
Do you already have a Degree in Teaching?
A TEFL Certificate (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) is also a very useful qualification for those who would like to teach English. Many links to TEFL programmes can be found on the internet, but make sure that you choose a good one.
Teach even if you are not a native speaker.
Whilst native English speakers tend to have first pick of teaching jobs around the world, you can easily practise teaching English at home, especially to children. If you wish to travel and teach, you must first check which qualifications are necessary in the country you choose. An English certificate will be the most important of these and a TEFL Certificate can go a long way towards securing you a job.
There has been a lot of discussion over the years about whether the best English teachers are non-native speakers. Because most non-native speakers have to study the language quite seriously from the beginning, they have invaluable learning experience which they can pass on to their students.
Extra reading for teachers of EFL / ESL can be found here:
- Action Plan for Teachers – guide to teaching English from the BBC World Service.
- New Teacher Resource Guide – A California Department of Education Project.
- ESOL Guide for Classroom Teachers – British Columbia Ministry of Education.>
- TEFL Peacecorps – large classes – Peace Corps Information Collection and Exchange
- ESL Teacher Certification Study Guide – Language Competency and Language Acquisition.
Shenzhen Teach. Job site for schools, training centres and English teachers to find and post jobs. We aim to help you find ESL jobs, teachers and ESL certification. Register today for free and start posting.
The British Council – Teaching English.