Cookies used on this site
Cookies and how they Benefit You
Our cookies help to:
- Make our website work as you’d expect.
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site.
- Remember your settings during and between visits.
- Offer you free services/content (thanks to advertising).
- Improve the speed/security of the site.
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook.
- Personalize our site to you to help you get what you need, faster.
- Continuously improve our website for you.
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do).
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission).
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission).
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties.
- Pay sales commissions.
Website Function Cookies
Our Own Cookies
- Determining if you are logged in or not.
- Remembering your search settings.
- Allowing you to add comments to our site.
- Tailoring content to your needs.
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set. The only option is to not use the site.
Social Website Cookies
So that you can easily LIKE or SHARE our content on social websites such as Facebook and Twitter, we have included sharing buttons on our site.
Cookies are set by:
The privacy implications here will vary from social network to social network, and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have already chosen on each network itself.
Visitor Statistics Cookies
Cookies are widely used in online advertising. Neither we nor our advertising partners can gain personally identifiable information from these cookies. We only work with advertisers who adhere to accepted privacy standards.
You can opt-out of almost all advertising cookies on their Ad. Choices page, although we would prefer that you didn’t; as ultimately adverts help keep much of the internet free.
It is also worth noting, that opting out of advertising cookies will NOT mean that you won’t see the adverts; it will just mean that they are no longer tailored to suit you.
We fund our site by showing adverts as you browse. These adverts are usually managed by a partner specializing in providing ads. for multiple sites. Invariably these partners place cookies to collect anonymous data about the websites you visit, so that they can personalize the adverts to you, ensure that you don’t see the same adverts too frequently and then make a report to advertisers about which adverts are working.
Our partners include:
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop the acceptance of cookies. (Learn how here). Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our, and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites today.
It may be that your concerns about cookies relate to so-called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser, you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies with anti-spyware software.
The cookie information text on this site was derived from content provided by Attacat Internet Marketing, a marketing agency based in Edinburgh.
If you need similar information for your own website you can use their free cookie audit tool.